For some people, losing weight is a myth, they eat and eat and do not a gain a single pound. As for some others, we struggle to lose the weight of that one burger we ate months ago.
Every once in a while, we start our fitness journey, but most of the times end up giving up halfway through, which is not anyone’s fault. Life has become so busy today, it’s almost impossible to stay on one goal for too long, some of us get on medicine for weight loss, and I do not need to mention the hundred side effects that can happen.
What if there was something that would make things a little bit easier for us, I am not talking about any allopathic weight loss sustenance, I am talking about an all-natural way to lose weight.
Apart from its weight loss properties, Apple Cider Vinegar has various other healthful properties which we will visit later in this article.
The wonderful Apple Cider Vinegar, now if you are not new to the weight loss cycle, this will not be the first time you heard about Apple Cider Vinegar, a wonder supplement that aids in natural weight loss, but we are sure many of you are sceptical if it actually works, and if it does, how?
Let us take a look at how it works.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar or cider vinegar, like the name suggests is a vinegar made from fermented Apple juice, in a two-step fermentation process, used in salad dressings and such, but popularly known for its natural weight loss properties.
Acetic acid is the main active compound of Apple cider vinegar, making up about 5-6% of it.
One tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (15ml) contains about three calories and virtually no carbs, so it does not deter your diet at all if you are following one.
How does it help in weight loss?
- Lower blood sugar levels: The acetic acid present in ACV improves the ability of the liver and muscles to take up the sugar from blood, helping in evident weight loss.
- It reduces the insulin levels: The acetic acid again reduces the ratios of insulin to glucagon, which favours fat burning, so combing ACV with a fat burning HIIT workout can ais it a faster result.
- Supresses Cravings: Acetate supresses the centres in the brain that control appetite, which leads to controlled food intake. Cravings are a dangerous thing, especially for pcod/pcos patients. Therefor Apple cider Vinegar can help a lot to keeps those cravings under control.
- Improved Metabolism: The enzyme AMPK, which is known to boost fat burning and decrease the fat and sugar production in the liver increases with the intake of Apple Cider Vinegar. An improved metabolism is directly linked to weight loss.
- The Fat storage: For obese and overweight people, ACV is a lucky charm as it reduces belly fat storage and liver fat storage by increasing the expression of genes and aids them in a faster, more efficient weight loss.
- Fat Burning supplement: Not only does it reduce the fat storage like we mentioned above, it also increases the genes responsible for fat burning which leads to less body fat build-up.
- Increases fullness: Apple Cider vinegar is known to increase the feeling of fullness which direct reduces the calorie intake. A study has shown that people who took ACV after a high carb meal showed a 60% lower blood sugar response as compared to those who didn’t once hour after eating.
Other health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Can kill Harmful Bacteria: It contains 5-6% of acetic acid, which is responsible for killing harmful bacteria and also preventing them from increasing. Which is the reason why it is used as a natural preservative.
- Helps Diabetic Patients: ACV is known to reduced blood sugar and insulin levels and Type-2 Diabetes is the existence f high blood sugar and insulin levels. Which is why apple cider vinegar helps Diabetic patients in maintaining their sugar levels.
- Improves heart health in animals and humans: Apple Cider Vinegar reduces the risk factors that lead to heart attack and help patients with a weak heart.
- Promotes healthy skin: Dry skin and eczema and other skin conditions can be treated with Apple Cider Vinegar. The skin is naturally little acidic, therefore the acetic acid in Apple cider vinegar helps in managing the natural Ph of skin. It can be used in diluted water and then used as a natural face wash or toner.
- Healthy hair: Apple Cider Vinegar can be used to promote healthy hair by using it as a natural conditioner, use it before your bathe and keep it in a for 15-20 minutes and see healthy, luxurious hair.
Take two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar and mix it in luke warm water and take it in the morning or before your meals, this way it can supress your appetite.
However, it you have underlying conditions, taking any kind of supplements should be done after a word from your doctor.
Too much vinegar can cause harmful side effects, like tooth enamel erosion, which is why you should not overdo your intake of ACV.
Overall, Apple Cider Vinegar is great supplement for fat loss, because of its fat burning properties.
As a standalone product, it can easily help you lose weight as it reduces your calorie intake by reducing your appetite.
But it can work wonders when combined with even a tiny workout routine. Get up in the morning, take your warm glass of ACV and follow it up with a 10-minute HIIT workout routine, and you will see a significant change in just 2-3 weeks.
Apart from its weight loss properties, it has various other health properties, it’s a great supplement for diabetic and heart patients.
To end it, Apple Cider Vinegar, is a great supplement to add to your weight loss journey so you can achieve your goal faster and also improve your overall health.
*Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FSSAI and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.